Monday, May 4, 2009

Plymouth - America's Hometown

Hi - My friend, Mike McGee, encouraged me to blog while on the trip to Boston that I am on with a group of about 85 people from Christian Heritage Academy. So here I go, hope you enjoy.

Plymouth is America's hometown. Started by the Pilgrims, or Separatists as they were known in England, this is truly the birthplace of liberty. The pilgrims landed in 1620 and over half of them died in the first winter. However, they came to this land with a desire in their heart to be a people that God would use for the propagating of the gospel of the kingdom of Christ. This evening as I stood atop Burial Hill and saw the grave of Governor William Bradford and the grave marker of Adoniram Judson, America's first foreign missionary, I was reminded again of America's purpose to be the fullest expression of Christian liberty in the world and to use that liberty for the spreading of the gospel of Christ. I am called by God, as is every believer in Christ American or not, to share His love and message of salvation to the world. May we be ever faithful to fulfill that purpose each day. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment