Friday, May 8, 2009

AAA Insurance

I'm thinking that I need to quit my job and move to Massachusetts. They have enacted laws here that help you if you don't have a job. You see, I have this old, 1992 Nissan Stanza (I call it the Last Stanza, being a music person). It doesn't run at all. I don't have the money to fix it and it has a terrible oil leak to go on top of that. But if I quit my job and look for work in Massachusetts, they will give me a car! What kind of deal is that? Not only that, but they will pay my tax, tag, and title for a year, plus, any repairs that are needed on that car for a year. To top all of it off, I get AAA auto insurance for a year - FREE! I really like AAA insurance because you have a breakdown on the road or something like that and they will come bail you out. (Oh, there's that thought of another government funded bail-out!) THEN, what happens at the end of the year, whether or not I have found or maintained a job - I GET TO KEEP THE CAR!!! WOW!!!! I'm glad the government is taking care of me. I had thought about working a job of lesser income in addition to what I do to make ends meet. I had thought about cutting my spending in order to make ends meet. I had thought about that long-needed diet to cut down on the food bill and not buying that new suit of clothes to go with all the other things that I don't fit anymore. Butnow I don't have to, hey, I can get another car and let the government pay for everything! I am relieved!!

Of course, this is costing the Massachusetts taxpayer at least $6000 per car, per year. And government is getting another foothold in controlling my life. And government never gives to anyone that which it first does not take from the people. Maybe I should rethink my move. I think I like working, meeting my own needs (actually the Lord gives me strength to meet my needs and provides for my family daily - that's better than any government provision). I like not being dependent on the government for everything (next thing you know they are going to want to provide national health care for me, or something like that). By the way - I love living in Oklahoma with my beautiful wife and loving children, a fantastic place to work and a wonderful church. Boomer Sooner!

1 comment:

  1. Crazy people! I like living in Oklahoma too! Good post.

    ReplyDelete